Apostolic Tradition - discuss, learn, grow

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Apostolic Tradition Forum was setup with the intention of creating a community where ALL Christians are welcome.  As the End Times draw nearer, we as Christians must reach out and come together in faith and harmony.

The forum needs active members to live, build, and grow. Please make the time to sign-up, become an active part of the community, and lead others to the Good News of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Author Topic: Man Facing Jail For Hosting Home Bible Study  (Read 1233 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Man Facing Jail For Hosting Home Bible Study
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »

Source: http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/man-facing-jail-for-hosting-home-bible-study.html

By Todd Starnes

A Phoenix man has been sentenced to 60 days in jail after he refused to stop hosting Bible studies in the privacy of his home – in violation of the city’s building code laws.

STAY UP TO DATE ON THE CULTURE WAR. CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK!
However, the Phoenix city prosecutor’s office said the violations have nothing to do with religious freedom — and everything to do with public safety.
“It came down to zoning and proper permitting,” said Vicki Hill, the chief assistant city prosecutor. “Any time you are holding a gathering of people continuously as he does — we have concerns about people being able to exit the facility properly in case there is a fire — and that’s really all this comes down to.”

According to court documents provided to Fox News Radio, Michael Salman was found guilty in the City of Phoenix Court of 67 code violations. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail along with three years probation and a $12,180 fine. He could be jailed as early as next week unless the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals grants an emergency injunction.

“They’re cracking down on religious activities and religious use,” Salman told Fox News Radio. “They’re attacking what I as a Christian do in the privacy of my home.”

“If I had people coming to my home on a regular basis for poker night or Monday Night Football, it would be permitted,” he said. “But when someone says to us we are not allowed to gather because of religious purposes – that is when you have discrimination.”

Please view source for remainder of the story

Source: http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/man-facing-jail-for-hosting-home-bible-study.html

viking vince

• View Profile
Re: Man Facing Jail For Hosting Home Bible Study
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »

A lovely bunch of coconuts.....

Twenty people visiting his home three times a week? A two thousand sq ft building in back?

I think this guy hasn't helped himself, and sorta made his own bed that he is lying in.

Not that the state is innocent.

Tapinu33

• View Profile
Re: Man Facing Jail For Hosting Home Bible Study
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »

If it was a 2,000 sq ft "man cave" and his buddies were coming over for beer and BBQ even 3 times a week do ya think anyone would be put in jail for that?