Apostolic Tradition - discuss, learn, grow

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Apostolic Tradition Forum was setup with the intention of creating a community where ALL Christians are welcome.  As the End Times draw nearer, we as Christians must reach out and come together in faith and harmony.

The forum needs active members to live, build, and grow. Please make the time to sign-up, become an active part of the community, and lead others to the Good News of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Author Topic: Why forums need to use a SPAM filter to stop fake registrations  (Read 1789 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

FYI

Without some sort of system to stop fake registrations and posts that are simply advertising, the forum would be over-run within a matter of days.

Unfortunately no SPAM system is 100% accurate.  Some fake registrations slip through: when they do, I remove the accounts and ban the IP addresses. Sometimes legitimate registrations are blocked.  When this happens, I manually register the accounts, and I try to do so within hours of being notified.

If you have problems registering, please DO NOT give up. Simply email me, or post and I will resolve your issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Robert